I.T. Help Desk Assistant (Intern)
Johanson Technology Incorporated is located in Camarillo, California, and has over twenty-five years’ experience specializing in the design and manufacture of high quality RF & Microwave ceramic chip capacitors, inductors, and integrated passives. The company provides innovative passive electronic components to the global electronics market.
We are looking for a I.T. Help Desk Assistant (Intern) who will Provide general hardware and software support services to the Johanson’s end-user population. Setup, install and configure systems equipment as well as audio and video teleconferences, while exhibiting a high level of customer service and attention to detail with process and design engineers/manufacturing to implement design/process changes and revalidate effectiveness of corrective actions.
To be successful as a I.T. Help Desk Assistant (Intern), you must have the following attributes and skills:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work directly with the IT team members to help both JTI & JMX end users.
- Provide onsite and remote technical support to the Johanson' s user community including, but not limited to, troubleshooting, installation, configuration, and maintenance of Johanson approved applications, end-user hardware, peripheral devices, and other technologies.
- Set-up audio-visual equipment, including audio and video teleconferences, PowerPoint presentations, and web conferences.
- Set up and configure approved mobile devices including iPhones and iPads.
- Troubleshoot and update tickets escalated from first level Helpdesk in the ticketing system.
- Troubleshoot and maintain Johanson' s printer assets while appropriately escalating to vendors when necessary.
- Handle technical issues in a controlled manner while interfacing with the user community in high-pressure situations. Utilize independent judgment and discretion in escalating issues to system engineers or other IT resources as well as informing supervisor and IT management as necessary.
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
Attributes and Skills:
- Eager to learn
- Problem Solver/Critical Thinker
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2nd year BS student pursuing a degree in computer related field.
- Excellent teamwork, multitasking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint), SharePoint, MS Teams, and Adobe Acrobat.
Company Offers Benefits:
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Medical (HMO/PPO/HSA)
- Dental (HMO/PPO)
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday and Bereavement
- 401k Savings plus company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Monthly Luncheons
Johanson Technology Inc., and Johanson Dielectrics Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.