Janitor/Facilities Maintenance Helper
- Job Title
- Janitor/Facilities Maintenance Helper
- Job Summary
- Stripping, mopping, scrubbing, and waxing of floors.
- Preventative maintenance of equipment and building.
- Proper labeling, dilution and use of chemicals
- Requisition necessary supplies and equipment required for cleaning and maintenance activities.
- Maintain janitor closets, supplies, and janitorial equipment.
- Clean, dust furniture, walls, machines and equipment, clean windows, glass partitions and mirrors.
- Empty recycling containers.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables and chairs to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned, including support of the janitorial staff.
- Other routine maintenance duties as assigned
- Mental & Physical Demands
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to do the following:
- The work requires routine walking, standing, bending, and carrying items weighing less than 50 Ibs.
- Moving items over 50 Ibs utilizes a team lift.
- Must understand and follow clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation.
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Work with little need for guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions.
- Performs a wide range of complex tasks with little predictability as to their occurrence.
- Performs a wide range of tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions.
- Ability to act with integrity and professionalism
- Position Type/Expected hours of work
- This is a full-time non-exempt position. Forty or more (40+) hours within a workweek.
- REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of Janitor and /or Facility Maintenance experience
- Basic computer skills
- Good math skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- AAP/EEO Statement
- Johanson Technology Inc., and Johanson Dielectrics Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that all prospective and current employees are treated equally without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.