JOB SUMMARY: The Plating Technician will work closely with both Single Layer (SL) and Multi-Layer (ML) engineers on experiments and evaluating chemical baths. They will also be responsible for training new employees and new processes. On occasions they will support production operations.
- Maintain Plating Baths’ PH balance
- Conducts chemical additions, make-up, and preparation of plating baths
- Set-up and conducts chemical tests and analyses of plating solutions
- Sanitize lab utensils and equipment
- Work with plating team in cleaning all plating tanks
- Ensure filtering systems are in good working condition daily
- Ensure plating parameters are within specifications
- Assist in troubleshooting of the plating process and equipment repair
- Will occasionally work in fast paced environment and demonstrate adaptability
This job operates in a manufacturing/ production environment. This role occasionally uses standard office equipment such as computers and photocopiers. Protective equipment such as gloves and glasses will be used.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to do the following:
- Standing/Walking 90% of shift; Sitting 10% of shift
- Stooping, lifting, bending, reaching above shoulder, and simple hand grasping, 90% of the shift
- Twisting of neck and waist, 90% of the shift
- Occasionally required to lift, push, pull and/or move - up to 75 lbs
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Forty or more (40+) hours within a workweek.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED
- Some College courses in Science
- Must have at least two (2) years of plating experience, in a manufacturing environment
- Must have knowledge of AC/DC theory.
- At least six (6) months Microscope experience
- Basic computer skills
- Good math skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Education and Experience:
- College courses in Chemistry
Company Offer Benefits:
- Medical (HMO/PPO/HSA)
- Dental (HMO/PPO)
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday, and Bereavement)
- 401k Savings plus company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Monthly Luncheons
Johanson Technology Inc., and Johanson Dielectrics Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that all prospective and current employees are treated equally without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.