JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for performing soldering relating to production operations on electronic, electromechanical components, sub-assemblies and wire harnesses.
- Perform all levels of SMT and through-hole component placement and soldering
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, Bill of Materials (BOM) and schematics
- Twist, bend, trim, strip, or file wire leads of components or ream holes in boards to insert wire leads
- Work with lead and lead-free solder including flux agents
- Conduct visual inspection on Work-In-Process (WIP) in accordance with quality specifications.
- Maintain logs, routers, and test documentation accurately consistent with company policy and practices
- Responsible to load/unload Reflow Oven
- Apply potting, bonding, and conformal coating materials
RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONFIDENTIALITY
This position requires confidentiality; the company has many Non-Disclosure Agreements with customers who require confidentiality and occasionally work with ITAR controlled documents. As such, US citizenship or permanent resident status is required.
This position operates in a manufacturing/production environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to do the following:
- Sitting 80%, standing/walking 20% of the shift
- Use of Microscope, 80% of shift
- Lifting and carry up to 20 Ibs.
- Use small hand tools, cutters, strippers, and tweezers
- Good hand and eye coordination with demonstrated excellent manual dexterity for precision alignment.
- An ability to track fine details visually and discover defects in the inspected parts is another important quality that will be helpful.
- Use a variety of hand tools and/or small power tools, fixtures and jigs to perform work assignments.
- Will occasionally work in fast paced environment and demonstrate adaptability
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Forty or more (40+) hours within a workweek.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Must be IPC certified (J-STD-001)
- Soldering operations using a microscope
- Must have at least three (3) years of soldering experience, in surface mount technology and through-hole
- Must be knowledgeable with Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) procedures
- Must be able to read assembly drawings and schematics
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Johanson Technology Inc., and Johanson Dielectrics Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that all prospective and current employees are treated equally without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.